Hillcrest Residential Care Home
Specialist Dementia Care
Personalised care to maintain the best possible quality of life
Hillcrest offers the highest standards of care for those with either Residential or Dementia needs. We pride ourselves on our friendly, homely atmosphere and we welcome visits from prospective clients.
We are subject to the tiered alert system and when Cheshire West is in either tier 2 or 3 we will not be able to admit visitors to the home. When visits are possible we would like to draw your attention to the following.
Responsible Visitor Code
Please telephone to book visits in advance for a specific day and time
- check in with us on the day prior to their visit, to ensure the situation in the home has not changed (we will continue to try to contact relatives about closures as needed – please also see our Facebook page for updates)
- be free of any COVID-19 symptoms for at least 10 days prior to the visit, as per Government guidance
- not be unwell on the day of their visit
- not be self-isolating as a result of advice from NHS Test and trace and not be visiting from a local lockdown area or hotspot
- provide the information required by the Home at the time of the visits (e.g. honest response to screening requirements about COVID-19 risk factors, compliance with NHS Test and Trace arrangements)
- comply with the infection prevention and control measures, including a temperature test, mandatory hand hygiene, the use of PPE and social distancing requirements – this means no kissing, hugging or holding hands and remaining in the designated visiting areas, whether internal or external
- ensure that any gifts brought for the resident are given to the staff member assisting so they can be wiped down and sanitised
Note that we are unable to provide hot beverages at this time and toilets must only be used in emergencies. Please respect the staff as they are there to ensure that our residents are kept safe.
At Hillcrest we understand that the decision to place a relative into care can be difficult. We therefore take the time to explain how we work: from the initial assessment, through the admission process and settling in, to ongoing care reviews. We will never try to rush you and you may visit as many times as you wish before making a decision.
Our most valuable asset is our staff. They are professionally qualified and receive regular training updates. More than this, they are chosen as caring individuals who will welcome your loved one into the Hillcrest family and do everything to make them feel at home. This is reflected in the very high review scores we receive from our clients (see below) and comments such as “it’s nice to hear the sound of laughter as we enter Hillcrest”.
Hillcrest is tastefully furnished and equipped with all the modern equipment required to meet the needs of our residents. We have 3 lounges, 2 dining rooms, a conservatory and a hair salon, as well as an attractive patio area where residents can safely enjoy fine weather. We have a varied programme of social activities designed both to stimulate and entertain.
We also offer short-term respite and day care which may be helpful for those contemplating residential care but not quite ready to make the commitment.